PRIVACY NOTICE Olam Group
This policy describes Olam’s and its affiliates’ use of your data. References in this policy to Olam, we or us shall mean Olam International Limited.
We would like to emphasize that we take the protection of your privacy and your personal data very seriously and that we process your data in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We would like to explain to you below in more detail which personal data we collect and hold (i) in connection with this website, (ii) if you are a customer or potential customer, in connection with any of your personal information obtained through our business dealings, and how we use this data, and (iii) if you are interested in career opportunities with Olam and provide your personal data in connection with such an opportunity.
What data do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us (whether on this website or otherwise) and if you purchase products or services from us. This may include your:
- first name and last name;
- job position;
- email address;
- telephone numbers;
- activity on the site; and
- marketing preferences
- Education history
- Employment history
In connection with your use of Olam Group websites, we may collect some of the information above when you choose to volunteer that information specifically for the purposes of subscribing to e-mail alerts to either Press Releases and/or SGX Filings and/or Olam Insights.
For what purposes do we use your data?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- for administering your (or your company’s) current or potential business relationship with Olam;
- to comply with and administer any contracts or legal agreements we may enter into;
- to send you direct marketing communications; and
- for compliance with applicable laws and protection of Olam’s legitimate business interests and legal rights, including, but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, investigative purposes.
What is the legal basis for our processing of your data?
We base the above mentioned processing activities of your personal data on the following legal basis:
- As required by Olam and our affiliates to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your information to provide products and services you have, or your company has requested;
- we monitor use of our websites and online services, and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline;
- we use information you provide to personalise our website, products or services for you;
- we will use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation);
- we will send you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by us or our affiliates; and
- we place cookies and use similar technologies and the information provided to you when those technologies are used and you consent to their use; and
- we will use the data to assess your suitability for any career opportunity with Olam in which you may express interest
Who will we share this data with?
We may share your personal data with other members of the Olam group, including any affiliates with whom you or the company you represent interact with during the course of business with Olam. Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws. Personal data may also be shared with third party service providers, who will process it on behalf of Olam for the purposes above.
Such third parties include, but are not limited to, providers of website hosting, maintenance, call centre operation, identity checking etc.
In the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
Where will we send your data?
Where information is transferred outside the EEA, and where this is to an Olam affiliate or vendor in a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, data is adequately protected by EU Commission approved cross-border safeguards which currently include standard contractual clauses, Privacy Shield registration or approved Binding Corporate Rules.
What rights do you have in relation to your data?
You may be entitled to ask Olam for a copy of your information, to correct it, erase or restrict its processing, or to ask us to assist you to transfer some of this information to other organisations. You may also have rights to object to some processing activities, such as the profiling we may perform for the purposes of direct marketing, and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we have a legal requirement to process your data. If you withdraw your consent to certain processing, we will not process your data any further, but withdrawal of your consent will have no effect on any data we have already processed based on your consent at the time.
Where we require personal data to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal data is optional.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of marketing, you can get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority.
Which Olam entity is my data controller, and which affiliates might my data be shared with?
The data controller for your information is Olam International Limited.
Your data might be shared with any of our affiliates to achieve the purposes described above.
How long will you retain my data?
Except as otherwise required by law, Olam will retain your personal data for a period of one year following the end of the relationship between you or your company and Olam, except where we are required by law to retain the data for a longer period.
The data controller for this processing is Olam International Limited.