We need to:
- Increase agricultural production for a growing population without over extending the earth’s capacity to provide
- Satisfy increasing demand from customers and consumers who want to know the food and fibre they buy is ethically sourced
- Ensure farmers and rural communities see farming and related activities as a viable livelihood, particularly younger generations
- Reduce risks to our business, such as climate change and water scarcity
- Inspire our employees by giving additional meaning to their work.
We are driven by our ambitious corporate Purpose to Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems within our ethos of Growing Responsibly. We aim to achieve 3 outcomes:
- Prosperous farmers and food systems
- Thriving communities
- Re-generation of the living world
Through our Sustainability Framework we are addressing 10 priority areas that will help us achieve these outcomes.